hat off to him.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixo | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jan 14
Although Cain Velasquez is a heavy favourite in his heavyweight title defence at UFC 160, the champion says theres no chance he would ever take Antonio Silva lightly. Mens Air Max Tavas . The last guy to do that was Alistair Overeem, and the man-mountain known as "Bigfoot" knocked him out and seized this title shot Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas. "I dont see this as anything less than a hard, grueling fight, and thats what Im expecting," Velasquez said. Yet Velasquez (11-1) realizes almost everybody expects him to wreck Silva (18-4) just as thoroughly as he did one year ago in a first-round knockout at UFC 146, leaving the 6-foot-4 Bigfoot in a bloody heap with hideous cuts on his face. Velasquezs first bout since losing the heavyweight title probably deserved an R rating for violence and gore, and he followed it up by reclaiming his belt in December with a dominant rematch win over Junior Dos Santos. "To me right now, its the most important thing to defend (the belt), just to hold on to it itself," Velasquez said. "This is the position that I want to be in, so I have to go out and perform." Earlier on the UFC 160 card, former heavyweight champion Dos Santos returns to the octagon against surprising Mark Hunt and his late-career run of stunning knockouts, while light heavyweight contender Glover Teixeira angles for a future title shot against New Zealands James Te Huna. Gray Maynard will face T.J. Grant in a lightweight bout, with the winner likely getting the next shot at champion Benson Henderson this fall, and K.J. Noons makes his UFC debut against popular lightweight Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Silva knows hes in an unlikely position, getting a rematch against a champion who thrashed him on the last edition of the UFCs annual heavyweight-centred Memorial Day weekend show in its hometown. But the well-travelled Brazilian veteran rebounded from consecutive losses to Daniel Cormier and Velasquez with stoppage victories over Travis Browne and Overeem, improbably earning another shot at Velasquez. "Obviously in the first fight, I made a big mistake," Silva said through a translator. "But there were a lot of things that I did right going into that fight, and that, unfortunately, (fans) didnt get to see. So much of that has been maintained, and overall the main strategy is just not to let his elbows get near my forehead. That would be the change." Silva realizes the UFC probably would have preferred to see Velasquez against Overeem, the touted Dutch kickboxer who still cant stop stumbling on a path to title contention littered with doping woes, upset losses and injuries. But Silva is confident he can improve on last years showing against Velasquez, saying he wont get the same case of nerves he had before making his UFC debut. And if nothing else, the bout is an intriguing contrast in sheer physics: The outsized Silva towers over the 6-foot-1 Velasquez, but cant match the champions uniquely well-rounded athleticism. "I would have to be born again to become faster than Cain Velasquez," Silva said. "Ive got 30 pounds on him. Hes going to be faster than me, so I need to work with what I have, and what I have is very, very heavy hands. ... The heavyweight division is a division where anything can happen. One punch lands, and the fight is over." Although Silva sometimes appears gangly and awkward in the cage, his physical curiosities mask a solid range of mixed martial arts skills. The 33-year-olds career began in England and Japan before moving through various minor-league North American promotions, eventually leading him to Strikeforce and the UFC. Silva only got his first shot at Velasquez after a series of injuries scuttled an original bout against Roy Nelson. But in February 2011, Silva proved why nobody should doubt hes got a shot against Velasquez: He stopped Fedor Emelianenko, the Russian star once perceived to be even more unbeatable than Cain is now. "I like when people underestimate me," Silva said. "Its nice. I get to go out there, and I get to prove them wrong. There are no superheroes in this sport. "Nobody is invincible." Grey Air Max Tavas . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Womens Air Max Tavas . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. http://www.cheapairmaxtavas.com/ . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Zeeeeke calls came before the snap when the Dallas Cowboys were in scoring range in the first half against Cincinnati, the crowd anticipating another touchdown for Ezekiel Elliott.While his fellow rookie, quarterback Dak Prescott, ran in for the score on that possession, Elliott dazzled again before Dallas fans had a chance to settle back in at the start of the second half.His career-long run of 60 yards on Dallas first offensive play of the third quarter was the punctuating touchdown in a 28-14 victory over the Bengals on Sunday, and gave the game a breakout feel for the fourth overall pick in the draft even though he was already the NFLs leading rusher coming in.Weve been waiting on that home run threat, said Elliott, who had 134 yards to give him 546 yards through five games. I think Im progressing really well. Im happy with the place Im at right now. But definitely not content.Prescott threw for 227 yards, making him and Elliott the first rookie combo in NFL history with at least 1,000 yards passing and at least 500 yards rushing in the first five games. Prescott, with four straight wins subbing for the injured Tony Romo, has 1,239 yards passing.While Prescott was efficient once again while securing the rookie record for pass attempts without an interception to start a career (now at 155), Elliott had the crowd buzzing from the start. He carried four times for 42 yards on the opening drive, the final 13 for the touchdown that sent Dallas (4-1) on its way to a 28-0 lead.The 21-year-old former Ohio State star is the first Dallas rookie with three straight 100-yard games, a feat that eluded Hall of Famers Tony Dorsett and Emmitt Smith, the NFLs all-time rushing leader.He just gets better every single week, two-time Pro Bowl right guard Zack Martin said. Red Air Max Tavas. He just gets more comfortable, and thats a scary thing.On his first defining play in the NFL, Elliott took the handoff on the left side of the line, cut back to a huge gap up the middle and outran safeties Shawn Williams and George Iloka converging from either side.Elliott didnt stop until he reached the railing on some field-level suites, where he jumped into the arms of fans.I mean, it looked beautiful, Elliott said. Running backs love runs where they dont get touched, so all I had to is to turn the jets on.While Elliott sparkled in his one preseason game, running over Seattle safety Kam Chancellor on one play, his regular-season debut was rough. The Giants held him to 2 1/2 yards per carry.But the per-carry average has been on a steady rise since, reaching a season-high 8.9 yards against the Bengals (2-3). Elliott didnt have a run longer than 8 yards against the Giants. He had six of at least 10 yards against Cincinnati.It was me adjusting to the system, and thats point blank, period, Elliott said. I came from a different system and I wasnt necessarily comfortable and I really didnt have enough reps going into the first game.On long first-down runs, Elliott likes to get up and do a feeding motion with his right hand, telling his coaches to keep feeding me. Its even rubbing off on stoic coach Jason Garrett, who mimicked it during the first half.He was an animal, did his job, played real hard, Bengals cornerback Adam Jones said. I take my hat off to him.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '