ranks third in the NFL for fewest drop | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
chenwen Mar 7
MARSEILLE, France -- Defending champion Evgenia Medvedeva began the defense of her Grand Prix Final title in emphatic style, thrilling the crowd with a world record score in the short program on Friday. Austin Watson Jersey .The 17-year-old world champion landed all of her jumps cleanly and was given a deserved ovation at the Palais Omnisport de Marseille as she recorded 79.21 points, beating three-time world champion and four-time Grand Prix Final winner Mao Asadas 78.66 at the 2014 worlds.Im happy with the world record, but the world record isnt my goal, Medvedeva said. I came close to beating it in Paris (with 78.52 at the Trophee de France last month). Its one step further and it gives me confidence.Although Medvedeva skated with pure elegance to River Flows in You by Lorenzo de Luca, she was still picky about her performance.I can do better in the interpretation of my programs and my spins. Id like to spin faster, she said. Everything has plusses and minuses and I always strive for perfection. I cannot stop because when you stop doing that you stop improving.She leads from Kaetlyn Osmond of Canada (75.54) and Satoko Miyahara of Japan (74.64).Its really rewarding to get a seasons best and a personal best for me, Osmond said. I feel like I connect with the confident character Im projecting in my program.Earlier, Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov earned their season-best score in the free skate to win the pairs event for the first time.The Russians scored 135.25 to win with a total of 213.85.Tarasova and Morozov had placed second at the Trophee de France last month and third at Skate America in October, when they also led after the short program.This time they held firm, nailing all of their jumps on both days.We have a lot of emotion inside of us, Morozov said. Were just having fun, dancing and swing with music and we really like it. Music was my first love.The positions stayed the same from Thursdays short program, with Yu Xiaoyu and Zhang Hao of China second, and former champions Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford of Canada third.Duhamel again made a couple of errors, having also done so on Thursday. She put her hand down on the throw quad salchow and had to check her balance to stop from falling after another difficult landing.Were disappointed with our performance. We wanted to come here with two great programs, unfortunately we couldnt do one, Duhamel said. We cant continue like this. We have to do a U-turn.The Canadians won in Barcelona two years ago and finished runner-up there last year. Duhamels frustration was compounded by the fact she was confident before the event.We were very comfortable coming here, she said. We liked the ice and we were well rested.Former Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada lead in the ice dance with a commanding 80.50 in the short.Personally this title would mean a lot as we have never won it before, Virtue said. We want to accomplish so much in our comeback and there is still so much room to grow technically and artistically.World silver medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani, who are brother and sister, are in second spot with 77.97, and French duo Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron narrowly behind in third on 77.86.It was definitely our strongest performance of the season, Alex Shibutani said. Were excited about this program because the ceiling is so high for it. There is a lot more we can do.The Final ends Saturday with the mens and womens free and the conclusion of ice dance. Dante Fabbro Jersey . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Scott Hartnell Jersey . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. http://www.nhlpredatorshockeyshop.com/matt-irwin-jersey/ . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The offseason addition of wide receiver Rishard Matthews has paid big dividends for the Tennessee Titans.Matthews already has set a career high with six touchdown catches -- all within the past six weeks.Only Tampa Bays Mike Evans and Jordy Nelson of Green Bay (eight) and Pittsburghs Antonio Brown (seven) have more touchdown catches in the NFL than Matthews, who is tied with four others.And the receiver easily is poised to turn in the most receptions and yards receiving in just his first year working with quarterback Marcus Mariota.Im glad it happened the way it did, Matthews said.A seventh-round draft pick out of Nevada, the 6-foot, 217-pound Matthews spent his first four seasons with the Miami Dolphins where he started only 17 of his 49 games.When he hit free agency, Matthews went looking for the chance to do more coming off the best season of his career with 43 catches in 11 starts for 662 yards and four touchdown receptions.Matthews had a couple of teams calling, but he and his agent saw the Titans and Mariota as the right match with a three-year contract .It took a little bit of time to start building timing and chemistry, but offensive coordinator Terry Robiskie thinks returning to Miami to play the Dolphins jump-started Matthews season.From there, I think those two theyve kind of bonded a little bit, Robiskie said Thursday of Matthews and Mariota.Matthews caught his first touchdown pass from Mariota in Miami on Oct. 9, and hes added five TD catches since then helping Tennessee (5-5) win four of its past six. He caught two in the second quarter at San Diego on Nov. 6 and added another last week. The Titans visit Indianapolis (4-5) on Sunday.Matthews has made a handful of long catches too and believes Mariotas trust in him just keeps climbing.Hes been coming to me in key situations, Matthews said. Yannick Weber Jersey. That just means a lot to myself, and Im just glad I could go out there and make plays for him.The Titans needed help at wide receiver after investing second-round draft picks in Justin Hunter and Dorial Green-Beckham. They released Hunter in the final cuts, while they traded Green-Beckham during training camp for a backup offensive lineman.Coach Mike Mularkey said how Matthews has played is what caught the Titans attention.Obviously, big, thick receiver, really strong to the ball, strong hands, makes plays and contested catches, playmaker, which hes been doing here for the last six weeks, Mularkey said.Hes been making plays. Obviously, the touchdowns have been big plays, but a lot of what youre seeing was on tape. You know, he was hurt last year and only got so many games to show what he had. Its showing up again.Matthews is part of a receiving group that ranks third in the NFL for fewest drops, having dropped five of the 210 passes deemed catchable by STATS LLC.That ranks Tennessee third in the NFL with a drop rate of 2.4 percent per catch behind only Washington (1.2 percent) and Dallas (2.1).Mularkey said the receivers have been dependable after he was probably harder on them than any other group on the team.Weve got a mix of guys, a rookie thats playing in his 11th game, Rishard has come about, Mularkey said. I give them credit. They have rebounded and helped us with our offense.Game notes RB DeMarco Murray (toe) practiced fully Thursday after being given a day of rest Wednesday.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '